How to fit the DC scales to your SAK:
- Remove pen, tweezers, toothpick, and all other tools from the original scales should your SAK be equipped with any of these.
- Use a sharp object of your choice to carefully lever the plastic scales off your SAK.
- Clean the surface by using a fat-soluble detergent. Let it dry out completely.
For best possible results, we suggest that you roughen up the surface.
- Check whether or not the DC scales fit the way they are supposed to without using any adhesive. When applying a bit of pressure there should not be any clearance left. Now see if pen, tweezers, and toothpick still fit into the recesses.
- Please screw the provided screws into the respective threaded holes.
- Carefully apply some adhesive on the inside of our DC scales. Be aware of the recesses, so pen, tweezers, and toothpick will still slide in easily.
- Press your SAK onto the DC scales.
- Ideally, you utilize a pair of clamps or the like in order to ensure slight but constant pressure.
- Make sure to wait until the adhesive is completely dry. We suggest that you wait even longer than recommended by the manufacturer.
- Should some of the two-component epoxy adhesive we offer have squeezed out, don’t worry, you will be able to easily remove it once it is dry.